24.10.09

Spirit, an Art Show 2

The art show was last night and while I regrettably have no pictures to share the imagery is fresh in my mind. Awe inspiring talent hung on every wall, lurked every corner. To say the least it was an honour for my art to be hanging around some of the most gifted local talent. The atmosphere of it was a pure sugar rush to my head. Because I spend most my days not around fellow bohemians, this was a real treat for me. To be with other artists and learn the story of what their art means for them. I learned so much just being there and observing. Already ideas are brewing for the next show. This church does two a year, one in spring, then autumn. With enough heads up I shall certainly be able to create something even better for the next. Sadly I didn't price my art for sale. After receiving so many compliments, especially on the scratch board, I definitely think I should have. Needless to say I absolutely enjoyed myself and am very grateful to those who went to support me. I look forward with excitement to the next show.

Oh, and I met a professor from ODU, someone who very well could be a future teacher of mine.

2 comments:

  1. Jenny that's so awesome! i'm jealous of and inspired by your courage to put your work out on display :) hopefully one day i will too lol and congrats on your success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words! And sorry for the delayed reaction in replying, I really need to start being more active with my blog!

    ReplyDelete