1.10.09

October is Art Month

Maybe not officially but for me at least, October is Art Month. I always try to do as much art as possible and until this past year it hasn't really been that much. It was about 2 years ago I came across a community somewhere on Livejournal that did something similar to NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month, which takes place every November. Sadly I have yet to be able to find the community again since, nor can I find anything remotely like it online (but I know it exited once!) Even though I don't remember what trendy name they called it, the concept is the same. I am going to go every single day in October produce some sort of art, even if it's just a small piece. I've decided not to post what I have every day, but I'll wait until November 1st and make a slide or something of 31 Days of Art. Sounds like it should be fun. I'm cheating today and using the art I did from school to start me off with.

ETA: I FOUND IT!
When I realized I had found the community through LJ, I just went to my LJ and browsed through the communities I was in! Yay! Now I'll get to do this with other artists and be inspired by what they do all month long. And FYI, they call it ArtSoMoFo, Art Something Mother Fu... yeah we'll just stick to ArtSoMoFo in here hahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment