30.12.09

Silver & Gold

For the past two and a half years I've spent my time being artistically educated by the fine teachers of The Visual Arts Center in Olde Towne Portsmouth, VA. Affectionately referred to by my friends and I as the "red-headed step child" of the community college which we attended, the VAC has very much been my home away from home. My time there has come to a close. In a week from New Years I'll be spending my time at a much bigger institution, Old Dominion University located in Norfolk. Bigger is better they say. I don't exactly have an opinion in that matter just yet. I know ODU is a good school, but it's not known for it's artistic merit; it's an engineering school. I chose it out of cost and convenience being close to home. Were I able to afford my top choices I'd be moving to either Georgia and attending SCAD, or Richmond and attending VCU. In this case I will hesitate to say better, with the understanding I am by no means putting it down. It shall certainly be different, again, not meaning that it will be bad. I do however feel it will be inimidating.



VAC

No comments:

Post a Comment